20 Mar IT IS TIME TO BEND THE HEALTHCARE COST CURVE & RECEIVE HIGHER QUALITY CARE
Companies in America spend billions of dollars on medical care expecting high value, safe and evidence based care. But are they getting it? Transparency data suggests they are not. Specific areas being questioned include:
- Are patients getting too much care? How can employers and employees minimize excess care?
- Is 30% to 50% of the care delivered worthless? How do we avoid these costs and reduce healthcare spend dramatically?
- Is US Healthcare really the #3 cause of death behind heart disease and cancer? How can employers and employees avoid being killed by American Healthcare?
- Do up to 80% of bills submitted to insurance companies contain errors, requiring time, energy and money for employees to correct? How can employees avoid paying incorrect bills?
- Are employees actually being driven into bankruptcy due to the medical care they are receiving? How can employers protect their employees from the time, energy and distraction of huge, and at times inappropriate, financial challenges from health care bills?
Asked another way: Are employers paying billions for often inappropriate, misguided and expensive care?
What can be done to reverse this trend and to protect the employees and the financial bottom line?
In the next weeks we will explore these questions and discover how Don Berwick and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) inspired hospitals to save over 100,000 lives in 18 months. We will also discover how to avoid paying 300% more for tests and services, how to protect yourself from incorrect billing practices, and how to avoid being hassled and bankrupted by the medical industrial complex.
One key is to make sure your employees are seeing the best providers.